• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa prominar 823 and Baader hyperion mk3 (1 Viewer)

ranger4

Could anyone please advise if the Baader Hyperion mk3 eyepiece would attach to a Kowa prominar 823 spotting scope, Thanks.

Hi Ranger4

I don't think so but a seller on Ebay said the Mk IV did and posted a picture with it which I reposted on a thread here somewhere.

I have been using the baader mkIII on the 823 ,for a few years now,but I needed to make an adapter,and perform a little modificatión on the eyepiece..A well worth investment ,plus had fun doing It...My unit of the zoom has been repaired,and has some dust visible at low power,but the image is great with the 823,making for a combo that stands tall even when compared with alpha wide zoom models .I am very Happy i can now replace It with the Mark IV if i ever need to.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back