Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Swarovski Variable Phone Adapter (VPA)

Old Friday 18th January 2019, 17:39   #1
Bitis

Swarovski Variable Phone Adapter (VPA)

Hello,

is someone using the Swarovski VPA for digiscoping? I'm thinking about getting it and was wondering if someone uses it and may share their experience with it. Maybe durability (even it is purchasable for only about a year), easy to use?, how secure/firm/stable are phones in it, ...

thx a lot in advance and good birding! :)
Old Friday 15th February 2019, 21:58   #2
WCA

Id say save money and go with a Phoneskope adapter which does the job good enough.

Swaro VPA is too 1st gen for me. Bulky, fiddly, often slipping out of position when in bag etc. And no way would I risk this setup hanging upside down on a lanyard with an iPhone 8 Plus in it! Not secure enough. Only real plus side is future proofing if you buy a different size phone. For what it costs vs Phoneskope adapter (and Im carrying both currently) I dont recommend it.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: