Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Rwanda and Uganda September 2019

Old Sunday 20th January 2019, 21:47   #1
the wicker man

Rwanda and Uganda September 2019

Hi all

I've attached a revised itinerary for a Rwanda trip here. There are now two of us going on the trip - me (Mike Wheeler) and Andy Adcock. Let me know if you fancy this. Andy and myself are planning on birding Uganda for four days before the trip starts as well - looking for Shoebill in Mabamba Swamp and a couple of days in Mabira Forest (at least 80 birds not available in Rwanda in these two places alone). You're welcome to join us for the whole two weeks but the Uganda part is priced separately (self-organised and cheaper). Also attached is a checklist of Rwanda birds.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: doc Rwanda itinerary.doc (283.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: xls checklist-Rwanda (1).xls (112.5 KB, 20 views)
Old Monday 21st January 2019, 17:40   #2
Pash44

Hi Mike
Interested in this trip - can you send me Uganda details too and let me know if you have specific dates in mind.
Thanks Pash
Old Monday 21st January 2019, 23:41   #3
the wicker man

Hi Pash - we're looking at 2nd September till 11th September in Rwanda which means 4 days beforehand in Uganda - the idea is we fly to Entebbe on 29th August, bird Mabamba Swamp loooking for Shoebill and then spend a couple of days in Mabira Forest. Maybe one othe rplace to be decide - early mornign flight to Kigale on 2nd September and then follow the itinerary. Looking at staying cheap in Uganda to keep costs down, Andy has some good plans for this in Mabira and mabamba is easily doable from Entebbe - it costs a bit but I get the impression you're more or less guranteed Shoebill which is the main aim there. I've attached a spreadsheet from eBird data of birds in both these places over August and September. I've highlighted the birds that are only attainable in Uganda or at least much more likley in Uganda even if they appear on the rwanda list due to rarity in rwanda.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pash44 View Post
Hi Mike
Interested in this trip - can you send me Uganda details too and let me know if you have specific dates in mind.
Thanks Pash
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Uganda sites.xlsx (111.5 KB, 19 views)
Old Saturday 26th January 2019, 09:38   #4
Pash44

Thanks for the info. Can you PM me an email address and I'll get back to you.
Best wishes
Pash
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: