• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juv. bird ID (north of Sweden) (1 Viewer)

<other posters, i think it might be handy for Ben to work through this one with help, rather than just giving the answer>

Why do you think it's a Bluethroat, Ben? What else did you think it might be, and why did you discount them?

Characters as other has mentioned - and you know this species, it´s 'the bird' of your location, which you have another image of in your blog. And some nice images of the Serin at Kiruna.

JanJ

Well, when I write that "I think it is" then i've already tried to identify it, and feel pretty sure.

But I want to be REALLY sure, and I find juvenile birds very hard. So, thats why I put it up at this forum.

Sorry about that, I won't do it again.

//Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back