• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

no not the alcohol nick...I've banned myself from fiddling in my workshop, when I've had a tipple...a few times I thought ,what the hell have you done there....

Fieldwork is brilliant and I love the sense of movement in the gargantuan moorhen. Just had another look at the first gull pic too, it's a real stunner that one, so so mediterranean.

Mike

Forgot to upload the sketches from last week's trip out to Osselle, here we are, Purple Heron, Stonechats, Blackcaps and a Garganey.

Attachments

• august09 073.JPG
    august09 073.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 48
  • august09 074.JPG
    august09 074.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 48
  • august09 075.JPG
    august09 075.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
  • august09 076.JPG
    august09 076.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 49
Missing out on viewing your thread requires one to take a day off to catch up on your out put Nick..

Audoins first, the earlier on of three together is stonking, a real graphic punch and one of your most arresting pieces to date, really striking piece which I love.

Swamphen is great, perfectly loose backgroung and what a difference the gleam makes!

Wryneck. Congrats on that, wont feel guilty now every time I post a sketch of one on my thread. One of the most uniquely bold paintings I have ever seen Nick. It works.

Oh - why not just chuck one in there, eh???? ''Oh by the way, here's a Purple Heron'' . . . . . . . !! - and just look at the biottom one, sheet two - heronosity at its very best. Lovely angles on the chat's head and I wish there were more hornets in the world - seems they are designed to make my world a better place.

As usual Mr Wootton has noted the salient points and made up a word to fit perfectly; 'herenosity', spot on!

How you record movement and energy so well, every time, mystifies me...

Mike

Not sure how everyone seems to know it's your birthday, but that's neither here nor there: Happy Birthday and may it be as enjoyable as your work is to the people who view it! That is, very enjoyable!!

thanks everyone! hangover is suitably incapacitating today - and it's virgoan is it - in French it's the same word as 'virgin' - vierge, which is just wrong on so many levels. So a few more birthdays to celebrate on the art forum coming up!

Guilty of neglecting the thread again! I've been working on a few things, but just not posted them up - will sort that out asap.

I've just finished a few quick scribbles of goosanders and wallcreepers for the town hall's diary - each year the town hall produces its diary and has a spread in the middle about the town, the theme this year is 'surprises in the town' so as part of that they wanted some of our urban wallcreepers and goosanders.

Attachments

• smallharles 1.jpg
    smallharles 1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 39
  • smallharles 2.jpg
    smallharles 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 30
  • smallharles 3.jpg
    smallharles 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 30
  • smallharles 4.jpg
    smallharles 4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 42
  • smallharles 5.jpg
    smallharles 5.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 31
and for the wall-toasters - oooh, they'll be back in 6 weeks!!!!

Attachments

• smalltichodrome 1.jpg
    smalltichodrome 1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 38
  • smalltichodrome 2.jpg
    smalltichodrome 2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 39
Lovely work Nick, nice and loose anf not a line out of place, these are bursting with life. Your familiarity with the subjects shines through, love these...

This will surely be the best illustrated town hall diary in all of France. They show all the right ways to do watercolor: sure, simple, elegant. I hope your fellow townspeople appreciate them as much as your long-distance viewers. I think I'll continually go back to look at them as models of sureness and simplicity!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back