• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

System Restore (1 Viewer)

gary jb

Hi there,just wondering if anyone can help me,i have been trying to use system restore,but everytime i do it justs keeps saying that it cannot restore to the requested restore point :-C .I dont want to reboot the whole computer so any help will be great. o:)
Cheers
Gary.......

gary jb said:
Hi there,just wondering if anyone can help me,i have been trying to use system restore,but everytime i do it justs keeps saying that it cannot restore to the requested restore point :-C .I dont want to reboot the whole computer so any help will be great. o:)
Cheers
Gary.......

Did you get the mini pop up calender that shows other optional restore dates?
Sometimes it's not always possible to choose an exact date, last time I had to use system restore I just chose any date prior to the computers difficulties.

Matt

Hi Matt,i just went on the calender and clicked on the darkened dates that should allow you to restore to that point,no pop up calender tho.
Cheers
Gary.......

I have had this problem several times in the past. Sometimes just waiting a day you will find that the restore point which wouldn't work yesterday suddenly decides it will the day after.

I have also found that running CCleaner (www.CCleaner.com) and then re-trying system restore does the trick.

Colin

Hi Colin,i have just tried ccleaner and done a system restore and the problem still remains,thanks for your help tho.
Gary.......

gary jb said:
Hi Colin,i have just tried ccleaner and done a system restore and the problem still remains,thanks for your help tho.
Gary.......

You have to stop the running of certain security programs such as Webroot's SpySweeper and make sure that they will NOT start at "startup" ... THEN ask for a Restoration to a previous point in time. Part of the restoration process has a program which will run at start up and the security programs like to block such programs until you okay them ... something you can't do because the computer is shutting down!

gary jb said:
Cheers
Gary.......

Are you running antivirus software, if so it may be this that's not allowing you to restore to an earlier date, I use Symantec Norton Antivirus and have this problem. Disconnect from your internet connection (if it's connected), disable you antivirus software and then attempt a restore again, if it works you can re-enable your antivirus when your re-boot is completed.

nirofo.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back