• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who test drove the spotter? (1 Viewer)

I signed up immediately and received an acknowledgement from Charles at Zen-Ray, but I haven't heard anything more about it since then.

Somewhat seriously, if I'm allowed to toot our collective Birdforum horn a little, I think we have a core group of first rate amateur investigators posting here who have taught each other over the years. We mostly do a pretty good job of avoiding gushing happy new owner reviews (the exceptions are obvious) and pseudo-measurements based on bad optical theories. A company with something good to sell should be happy for us to review it.

Henry,
You and a handful of other people keep this site on the straight and narrow, at least optically.
I can't vouch for all of the other threads, but the identification work is spectacular.
There is more that can be squeezed from a bad photograph than I would ever have thought possible.

Nothing wrong with gushing enthusiasm. It's a positive testimonial that helps to sell a product.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with gushing enthusiasm. It's a positive testimonial that helps to sell a product.

Not sure I'd subscribe to the first part, as a consumer I mean. I prefer neutral reports, as objective as possible. If the enthusiasm is found under those conditions, the potential consumer in me subscribes to the first part as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back