• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bargain offers on books (1 Viewer)

Might want to check orders if you placed one with the High Andes in there - mine processed through but the book was out of stock and then out of print and thus was cancelled. Didn't notice for a while as it did say that the book was likely to take a few weeks to appear - shame would have been an interesting read (and the super high price on a lot of technical books is always a huge pain).

Might want to check orders if you placed one with the High Andes in there - mine processed through but the book was out of stock and then out of print and thus was cancelled. Didn't notice for a while as it did say that the book was likely to take a few weeks to appear - shame would have been an interesting read (and the super high price on a lot of technical books is always a huge pain).

Got a copy myself alright from NHBS during the sale.
I have noticed since that PostScript Books still have it currently listed for £25, so you might still get a cheap copy:t:

https://www.psbooks.co.uk/Birds-of-the-High-Andes

LROS members have just been circulated with details of an auction that features loads of interesting bird books, mainly as mixed lots. If anyone wants the link then let me have an email address and I will forward the message.

It includes a set of first edition Witherby et al, a full set of HBW with an estimate of £400-600, nine volumes of BWP with estimate £80-120, lots of Leics/Rutland interest, Peter Scott titles, etc etc.

Worth a look if you are into books.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back