• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

peter scott calendar (1 Viewer)

Clive Tyler

Greetings,

Somewhere about 1953 Peter Scott painted the annual calendar for a company UNI. I think it was an engineering company, maybe Unilever.

It was of geese landing early in the morning on meadows outside a small town or village. It meant a great deal to me in my teens and i would like to see a copy of it again.

Does anyone know of the painting or calendar.

Greetings,

Somewhere about 1953 Peter Scott painted the annual calendar for a company UNI. I think it was an engineering company, maybe Unilever.

It was of geese landing early in the morning on meadows outside a small town or village. It meant a great deal to me in my teens and i would like to see a copy of it again.

just dropping into say greetings: I don't know about Peter Scott's calendar output but hopefully someone here might

odd coincidence that you mention a "UNI.. engineering company" with a calendar though

UNIPART engineering company had an absolutely legendary calendar that I suspect also meant a lot to many teenagers back in the day..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4477642.stm

"Patrick's personal choice of photographs allows a fascinating insight into an artist's mind," said John Neill, Unipart's group chief executive."
- nice to learn that it's also known as 'an artists mind' and not just a dirty one. That means I may have an artist's one, too.

Hi Clive and welcome to the ArtForum. I've been searching to no avail, but I'll try and read a few of my Scott books and see if there's any mention of it there.
Good luck.

Greetings,

Hi Clive,
I couldnt find the calendar,however you might want to check out a book called The Art of Peter Scott images from a lifetime by Sir Peter Scott , Philppa Scott and Keith Shackleton, you might find the image you remember in this book.
Kind Regards,
Nigel.

Greetings,

Hi Clive. I don't know the painting, but maybe if you contacted the Wildlfowl & Wetlands Trust via their website http://www.wwt.org.uk/ they might be able to help you, or they'd know someone who can. Good luck with your search.

there are paintings by peter scott, hanging on the walls in slimbridge, ( Wildlfowl & Wetlands Trust) but can't remember which ones ....mark

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back