• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new oil paintings (1 Viewer)

this will probably be the kiss of death for this particular painting but this is an oil that i'm presently working on.some details have been worked up to completion but most is at the underpainting only stage.i wanted to try and re-create one of my black and white images in colour.the photo is a little glary so apologies in advance

Attachments

• barn owl 001 (Medium).JPG
    barn owl 001 (Medium).JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 79
that owl looks classy indeed

plus there's not as much posted hereabouts in work-in-progress form as once there was

so its doubly welcome for those of us who sponge learning off these threads

that owl looks classy indeed

plus there's not as much posted hereabouts in work-in-progress form as once there was

so its doubly welcome for those of us who sponge learning off these threads

thanks ed,i was in two minds as to whether to post it or not as i'm still a little slow right now and slightly wary of lashing it up! but fingers crossed it'll work out,i'm learning as i go and if theres anything in it of use to others then thats a bonus!

started with adding details now and trying hard not to get too carried away with them as i dont think its entirely necessary(as well as being toooo tricky).ive still a little way to go and have been glazing some of the feathers to try and keep it subtle.i hope to have this finished up very soon.

Attachments

• barn owl1 002 (Small).JPG
    barn owl1 002 (Small).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 55
calling the Barn owl painting complete as i dont think i can do much more to it without ruining my work so far

Attachments

• barn owl2 002 (Medium).jpg
    barn owl2 002 (Medium).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 66
Without wishing to drag this excellent thread into sordidity ( ;) ) - any chance you could put a coded message here when this piece sells? - a little 'winky' or something, cos I'm sure it'll not be log, regardless of the present economic climate!

Without wishing to drag this excellent thread into sordidity ( ;) ) - any chance you could put a coded message here when this piece sells? - a little 'winky' or something, cos I'm sure it'll not be log, regardless of the present economic climate!

now wouldn't that be nice! course i will,although i have the dreaded varnish and frame to add yet.

beautiful finish Clive, lifting bird on a stick to new heights, and the subdued color works so well with your style

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back