• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sensor cleaning. (1 Viewer)

Dave Williams

My recently acquired 1DMK11 (I think it's 1.3 DX crop) appears to have some specks of lubricant or similar on the sensor. Thinking it was dust, my attempts to remove it with my Artic Butterfly have ended up as smears on the sensor so I now need a wet clean.
Any product recommendations and experiences of DIY cleaning would be appreciated. I realise some people are extremely nervous of going anywhere near their sensors, I'm not but I don't want to save the £40 from my local camera shop to clean it just to ruin a perfectly good camera.
Thanks Dave

Dave,

You should be able to find something in the UK that equates to what Copper Hill Images sells. I've used their basic kit for years with my Canon IIID. Works like a charm.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back