• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi all, Nikon P1000 (1 Viewer)

Robert500

Hello to everyone,

I am new on this forum.
My hobby is birdwaching and photography.
Have a Canon Body with a Sigma 300 Tele.
I am planning to purchase a Nikon P1000.
I want to know what your experience is with the P1000 compared to a SLR camera.
I am afraid that the sharpness from the picture is far less than with my present gear.

Hi Robert and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Camera forum, where I think you're more likely to catch the attention of the members with the expertise to advise you. I also subscribed you to the thread so you will be advised of any replies and can find your way to it more easily.

Meantime, I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hi Robert, I can’t compare my P1000 to your setup but can tell you that I rarely take bird shots at 300mm. Most of the time I am at 800 or more, often much more, and get some pretty good shots.

Check out the P1000 thread,

Den

Hi Robert,
Cameras like the p900 or 1000 will never give you the ulimate quality a good slr and lens combination will give you.However,they still give really good image quality in the right hands under the right conditions.
If you are into ultimate quality and dont mind the weight of a good dslr set up i would stick with what you have as a bridge camera can't really compete in reality as far as ultimate image quality is concerned.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back