• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question about Eurasian Magpie - Mahachai Forest 2013 (1 Viewer)

fmorais

Hi all.

Was checking my Thai list from my trip back in 2013.
I have an Eurasian Magpie (pica pica) seen in the Mahachai mangrove Forest on the 22/01/2013.

My question is if this could now be a pica serica, with the recent split on the IOC.

Thanks
Frederico

Probably best to also look at the Oriental Bird Club website as well to see what the status is of this sub species.

Last edited:
Thanks McMadd for pointing me to the thread.

It seems the magpie is rare in Thailand. Had I known about it, I would have taken some pictures.
At the time I did not know and the guide did not warn me about it either.
For an European visiting for the first time, it was just a Magpie.

So, for me, it's either it was an escapee, or it should be a pica serica, which is the closest population in the area.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back