• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ID - Trinidad, Gran Couva (1 Viewer)

rka

ttbirds
Not finding an easy match in the guide. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 0A1998D1-B808-4DD4-8327-E2CAF23BB181.jpg
    0A1998D1-B808-4DD4-8327-E2CAF23BB181.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 66
Sorry to crash in on your thread RKA but I posted a warbler a few months ago similar to this and was told it was a blackburnian warbler in fall plumage. When I thought I saw it again i didn't bother to ask for an ID (second pic).

I just wanted to repost so ppl could compare and state clearly these are different birds from yours and why.

Attachments

• 20171204-_DSC4212-Edit.jpg
    20171204-_DSC4212-Edit.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180102-_DSC5851-Edit.jpg
    20180102-_DSC5851-Edit.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 33
Interesting! does this suggest overwintering in the Caribbean for this species, or is it already
an existing known region ?

Cheers

Interesting! does this suggest overwintering in the Caribbean for this species, or is it already
an existing known region ?

Cheers

It suggests that the status has gone from wow to just silly, perhaps they've been getting overlooked.

When I looked at this last night, I didn't comment but thought 'surely it can't be a another', Trinidad's 3rd and 4th records at the same time unless, its the same bird?

A

Last edited:
I know they Winter in Central America and Northern South America, thus I suppose T&T is not that too far away, and could easily have been overlooked in the past, and perhaps even other (Dendroica...old money) species.

It suggests that the status has gone from wow to just silly, perhaps they've been getting overlooked.

When I looked at this last night, I didn't comment but thought 'surely it can't be a another', Trinidad's 3rd and 4th records at the same time unless, its the same bird?

A

Andyadcock, I think it's the same bird seen from when Dec to now, moving around in the area (about a half a mile radius). I started another thread to make my points clearer:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=3685024#post3685024

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back