• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

400d replacement battery? (1 Viewer)

Mahsleb

Hi Folks

I'm looking to buy another battery for my
eos 400d
There seems to be plenty on offer which
claim to be compatible and the only
difference that i can see is the mAh figures
which vary between 600-1400mAh
But none of them are exactly the same
as the genuine Canon (720mAh)

Should I go for the nearest?or the biggest?
does this figure matter much?
The voltage is the same on all of them

Thanks for your help :t:
Tony

Not sure about the voltage issue, but I got my spare batteries from 7dayshop. A pack of two batteries for the 400D will set you back ~£10, I've used them a lot and they work fine, giving the same performance as the official battery that came with the camera.

Not sure about the voltage issue, but I got my spare batteries from 7dayshop. A pack of two batteries for the 400D will set you back ~£10, I've used them a lot and they work fine, giving the same performance as the official battery that came with the camera.

Thanks PC :t:

I have the canon battery which came with the camera and have bought three spares which are non-canon. I stuck with manufacturers which I recognised. Jessops, energiser are slightly dearer than some of the other copies but still far less expensive than canon.
I use a battery grip and mix them so am not able to compare the performance of each.
One thing though, I have not come across any other manufacturer which supplies the plastic cover as comes with the canon battery. This means that a little extra care is needed in storing spares to avoid shorting the terminals.

One thing though, I have not come across any other manufacturer which supplies the plastic cover as comes with the canon battery. This means that a little extra care is needed in storing spares to avoid shorting the terminals.

Thanks gochasco good point!

And thanks Keith
I've ordered 2, at that price I can hardly go wrong
And if their good enough for you......o:D

Cheers
Tony

... One thing though, I have not come across any other manufacturer which supplies the plastic cover as comes with the canon battery. This means that a little extra care is needed in storing spares to avoid shorting the terminals.

I bought aftermarket batteries from Gadget Infinity, and they do come with the plastic covers. You can either google them, or they do have an ebay store as well.

Just put 'em in indivdual zip-lock bags - they're handy for storing things like lens cloths too.

I ordered some on Sunday from 7Dayshop (haven't turned up?) will let you know what I think of them when I have used them.

That's why they are called 7Day shop ... It takes 7 Day's to get to You :t: ,

I've bought these for my 400d From 7Day aswell ... 2 for a Tenner and I
now have 10 ... As for the Terminal's ... All I do is keep them in the Box they
come in ... No fear of Contact's touching anything,
You won't go wrong at that price ... Promise You,
John,

That's why they are called 7Day shop ... It takes 7 Day's to get to You :t: ,

I've bought these for my 400d From 7Day aswell ... 2 for a Tenner and I
now have 10 ... As for the Terminal's ... All I do is keep them in the Box they
come in ... No fear of Contact's touching anything,
You won't go wrong at that price ... Promise You,
John,

Half hour after posting that message they dropped through the letterbox! Used them today and cannot see any difference between these and the very expensive Canon's? Ordered 4 and gave to for a mate but feel I am going to get a couple of extra's in the future....in fact just told the wife they can go in my xmas stocking ! :t:

Half hour after posting that message they dropped through the letterbox! Used them today and cannot see any difference between these and the very expensive Canon's? Ordered 4 and gave to for a mate but feel I am going to get a couple of extra's in the future....in fact just told the wife they can go in my xmas stocking ! :t:

why are you telling your wife... surely you need to tell Santa...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back