• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two 65ED Side By Side - Big Eyes ????? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Hi ... Does anyone know if the Pentax's Compact 65mm EDA II scopes can be mounted side by side to be used looking thru two eye pieces & where can one have the bracket made to be mounted on a sturdy tripod, thanks ... gwen

Last edited:
Gwen,

Hmm, now which two scopes are you looking to do this with?

:)

Seriously, I do know that Swarovski made something like what you looking for. But I believe it was specific to their scopes. You wouldn't have two Swaro 65's that you are looking to mount together?

Beyond that I don't have any ideas. Maybe some type of custom/astro shop? Maybe the gentleman at Siebert optics would be able to put something like this together for you. He does a variety of optical modifications on binoculars and astro eyepieces. I have no idea what it would cost though.

Frank, I guess it would help if I mentioned what scope's to be used ... the pentax's 65mm EDA II & any site out there that specialize in this type of use .. .. gwen

Last edited:
Hi Gwen,

It would only be possible to do this with the angled scope if your inter-pupilary distance is around 80mm which is the diameter of the hood, not likely. With the straight version of the scope you could rotate the scope bodies to bring the eyepieces closer together. With angled scopes, rotating the bodies would move the eyepieces out of parallel. Your view would be like that through misaligned binoculars, not pleasant.

When you see this done with angled optics there is almost always a left-hand and right-hand version of the prism housing like the Kowa Highlander shown here.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back