• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent pics from recent travels (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Hi all ..remember me!!

Haven't posted much in the way of interest on here for a while, mostly because of various reasons I haven't been doing much in the way of local birding walks etc.

However, at the beginning of the summer I started taking myself to the North Norfolk coastline, am area often acknowledged as a birders and walkers paradise! bit of an effort to get there from the other side of the county on public transport but so far I have visited most of the better known birding hotspots and explored some of the backwaters in between.

I'll not go into detail as to which birds I have seen as to be honest my main interest is walking, exploring and doing my best to capture something of the area through photography ..birding is still very much part of the day but is much more ''less serious'' these days (sometimes I just like to sit on the beach and gaze out to sea!!)

Thought I'd share some pics with you of the different places I have been exploring throughout the last few months...

Matt

Attachments

• crowded beach,norfolk style! (titchwell).jpg
    crowded beach,norfolk style! (titchwell).jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 83
  • burnham overy staithe.jpg
    burnham overy staithe.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
  • wells woods and dunes.jpg
    wells woods and dunes.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 72
  • walk through wells woods (Custom).jpg
    walk through wells woods (Custom).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 74
  • dunlin at titchwell.jpg
    dunlin at titchwell.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 70
...and some more

Attachments

• towards wasley hills, salthouse.jpg
    towards wasley hills, salthouse.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 52
  • common lizard at cley.jpg
    common lizard at cley.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 66
  • cley beach.jpg
    cley beach.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 62
  • view over titchwell reserve.jpg
    view over titchwell reserve.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 76
  • pinkfeet over holkham.jpg
    pinkfeet over holkham.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 70
They are stunning pictures, Matt. As you know from elsewhere, I'm a sucker for cloud pictures, and those on here are spectacular.

I'm in total agreement with you sentiment about walking, exploring and capturing the area through photography. If a few birds come along, then that's just great, but it's rarely the main purpose of any of my trips. I'm another one who can happily sit and watch the sea. Sometimes I wish that I lived a tad closer than I do.....but there you go.

Very nice pics, Matt, and I am right there with you on the sitting gazing out to sea idea.

Wonderful Matt!:t:
I love the boat on the beach,the Fir trees and the flock of Geese especially,well done and great to see as East Anglia is as yet an undiscovered area for us!

Hi Matt,

Ah that lot brings back some happy memories of late Spring holidays along that coast. I've had 33 Lifers along there (so far) and 17 of those unique sightings.

But I agree that part of the pleasure is just strolling around the countryside, there's so much varied habitat and it's not as flat as you'd think. That's an especially lovely bit from the Wells carpark and along towards Holkham, and the lane down opposite Holkham Hall, the birds are almost (but not quite) a bonus.

Trust you to photograph a Lizard at Cley! What's the matter, got bored with the hundreds or so birds? (chuckle). Still, one up on me, I don't recall seeing one.

Bill.

Trust you to photograph a Lizard at Cley! What's the matter, got bored with the hundreds or so birds? (chuckle). Still, one up on me, I don't recall seeing one.

Bill.

A complete fluke find!!

It was happy even happy to remain sunning itself despite me pushing my camera 8 inches in it's face to get a macro shot!!

Just accured to me that some of the pics have already been uploaded eslewhere on the forum, I will upload some more with a brief report as I get them.

Thanks for the coments all:t:

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back