• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightweight laptop for a birder (Windows) (1 Viewer)

jurek

Anybody can advise a lightweight, small laptop for a birder, reasonably sturdy to travel with, but still with full functionality? Should be Windows.

I was advised several models, but were expensive. I don't want to buy a very fancy laptop because it might be damaged anyway by a force which no laptop will survive, e.g. flooded.

It depends on what the laptop should be able to do. Where the demands increase are for games, photo and especially video editing, etc. Regarding size, I would use about 14 inches screen size to get something portable without becoming too small. On Amazon.de I see several models at around Euro300, and those probably will handle the not too demanding jobs well. They are probably last years models, but again, what is your expected use?

Regarding brands I have actually traveled with on several trips are Toshiba and HP. But no, I would not expect them to hold up to flooding ;)

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back