• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Masked Finfoot at Khao Yai National Park (1 Viewer)

gandytron

Dear All,

As some of you will already know, there is a Masked Finfoot currently residing in Khao Yai National Park.

Despite having once been a bird on the "standard itinerary" for birding in Thailand (at Krabi mangroves) it has been many years (10+?) since a bird has been widely available here.

The bird at Khao Yai has apparently been present since late Feb, and is frequenting a 1.5 km stretch of river close to Haew Suwat waterfall.

I saw it today, and it is a real STONKER! ;)

Best wishes

Dave

Dear All,

As some of you will already know, there is a Masked Finfoot currently residing in Khao Yai National Park.

Despite having once been a bird on the "standard itinerary" for birding in Thailand (at Krabi mangroves) it has been many years (10+?) since a bird has been widely available here.

The bird at Khao Yai has apparently been present since late Feb, and is frequenting a 1.5 km stretch of river close to Haew Suwat waterfall.

I saw it today, and it is a real STONKER! ;)

Best wishes

Dave

Nice one Dave, glad to hear he is still around. I should probably have gone and watched that at the weekend because we had no success with Eared Pitta or ground cuckoo!
Couple of finfoot photos from last weekend attached and a Silver Pheasant from this weekend. Also a Brown Wood Owl around the HQ, probably eating the abundant rats living inside the food stands!

Rob

Attachments

• Masked-Finfoot_KY_02.jpg
    Masked-Finfoot_KY_02.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Masked-Finfoot_KY_01.jpg
    Masked-Finfoot_KY_01.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Silver-Pheasant.jpg
    Silver-Pheasant.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Brown-Wood-Owl.jpg
    Brown-Wood-Owl.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 94
Nice shots Rob - much better that the bad record shots that I secured yesterday, but I had limited time, this being a gratuitous afternoon twitch from Bangkok!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back