• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Damaged scope (1 Viewer)

bally

Hi all
Has anybody had any similar experiences with Optolyth scopes. my father is a collector of scopes and bins, he has never used most of them. I was going through his scope (23 of them ) as he is thinking of selling most of them. Anyway I took the Optolyth 100 APO TBS out of the box and their was a rattling noise coming from it, upon further inspection I found a bolt and some other attachment thing in side the scope window see pictures http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/bally796/library/?sort=3&page=1

We have been in touch with Optolyth and they say send it back and they will give us an estimate for the work to be done. Dad paid over £4000 for the the 3 Optolyth scopes and eyepieces you would think they would do free of charge as its never been used.
Thanks Bally

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back