• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon LA-DC52G adapter for A590IS/Kowa 823 problem (1 Viewer)

dukiebluedoc

I am setting up digiscoping on my Kowa 823,using Kowa adapter DA1A,for a Canon A590IS camera. All the parts go together fine EXCEPT I cannot seem to get the narrow (unthreaded) end of the Canon LA-DC52G to fit on the camera--it seems to be too narrow and I am afraid to force it--the Canon adapter came with no instructions and there is nothing about it on the Canon website except an indication that it IS compatible with the A590IS (it seems it is actually meant to attach the wide angle and telephoto lenses to the camera).
I am hoping someone on this forum has used an A590IS with a Kowa or other scope via this adapter and can enlighten me how to do the final attachment of camera for digiscoping.
thank you
Caroline

Caroline. I am sorry if this sounds rather a silly answer but have you taken the silver cover off the front of the 590. It surrounds the lens, released with a button. The bayonet fitting on the mount should then fit on quite easily. The first time I took the cover off it was very stiff and quite difficult to grip. After that it should detach quite easily. Bob

Right you are,Bob

:clap:
when I actually RTFM,there are the instructions on p179.
The ring is really stiff but I got it loose with one of those rubber grippy things,and now the adapter fits just fine.
thanks so much!
C
off to digiscope the Gila Woodpeckers sponging off my hummer feeders...

Glad you go it right, Caroline. And yes, a cap snaffler or some rubber thingy thing works well in removing the silver ring from the 590IS.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back