• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

The Red-breasted Merganser was still showing at Shustoke Res. yesterday but was hard to track down due to the sailing boats.Got a few shots but the light from the north shore was a pain.

Max.

Attachments

• Raw pics 18_10_10_7 (Large).jpg
    Raw pics 18_10_10_7 (Large).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Raw pics 18_10_10_10 (Large).jpg
    Raw pics 18_10_10_10 (Large).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 81
Warks sightings, 14.11.2010

Earlswood Lakes: female Pintail and up to 10 Goosanders at Terry's Pool early afternoon.

Shustoke Reservoir: Red-breasted Merganser still present early evening. Also first-winter Little Gull in gull roost briefly then flew north at c. 4:25 pm, plus 6 Goosanders circled over.

Kind regards,
Matt

18th November

2 Common Scoter still at Draycote and drake Pintail. 2 adult and a 3rd winter Yellow-legged Gull.
At Shustoke the female Red-breasted Merganser still reported.

Regards

John

2 Waxwings in Stratford upon avon at Blackthorn lane and a redhead Smew at Shustoke res. today.

2 Common scoters still Draycote with supporting cast of 2 Whooper swans and a flyover Twite Thursday.

Short-eared Owl still Brandon marsh and a Jack snipe Tuesday.

Gareth

For more detailed news on mealy redpoll and other tame sightings, please see my blog!

Yes Tom ditto for Draycote news on my site, would be nice to keep the thread going with Warwickshire news though don't you think?
Waxwing at Napton near the Windmill late morning.

Regards

John

Many thanks Brian. I know the spot and will check it tomorrow. Don't know if there's any Rowans there, but I've been keeping my eyes on one along nearby Shutt Lane.
Kind regards,
Matt

P.S. there was a female Pintail at Earlswood Lakes today (after an absence), showing extremely well down to ~10m away at both of the two main unfrozen bits currently remaining.

Last edited:
2 Interesting records of the last few of days:

Mealy type redpoll at Draycote seen distantly at pheasant feeders behind inlet (Tues 30th) and in the windsurfing car park (saterday). Anyone see it yesterday?

2 Great white egrets seen together in North Warks Friday afternoon on the yahoo email group - no other details as to where?

Gareth

I think the Mealy was the usual observer.

The GWEs were reported by John Harris - one heading north over Leathermill Lane, Hartsill along River Anker, and one towards Caldecote. Not sure why he waited 2 days to make public in vague manner? Actually I could guess.....;-)

Iceland Gull

An adult Iceland Gull was on the tip at Lawford Heath this morning viewed from near the Ling Lane/Lawford Heath Lane junction.

Regards

John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back