• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SpiderTech adapter question (1 Viewer)

miller.rob

I just picked up a SpiderTech adapter. It looks great, but being a newbie, I have a quick question.

Do other SpiderTech owners (or adapter owners in general) leave their camera screwed/attached to the adapter 100% of the time? Or do you just screw/attach it when you want to take a shot? Or do you not bother screwing them together, and just hold them together?

A goofy question I'm sure, but I remember a message on here about a fellow's camera threads wearing out.

I have a Nikon CoolPix 4500 camera.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob Miller
Toronto, Ontario

Hi Rob, I have a Digimount adapter from Photosolve and like to keep
it attached to my Nikon all the time. The reason for this is because I
feel that the treads on the 4500 are very fine and constant removal
of the adapter my damage these treads in some way. Now I have a
question for you, is the Spidertech adapter available in Canada or did you
have to get it shipped from overseas? Also what was it's cost?

Thanks
Gordie

Hi Rob,

I have a Spidertech (Fotofennica) 2-piece-adapter with Kowa 823 and CP4500. When digiscoping I usually keep both parts attached all the time. To me the convenience of Spidertech system is that you can view with the scope and use the camera separately although the adapters are in place (in the very wide angle there is minor shading of the corners). When you need to digiscope, you can just slip the two systems together. I think screwing off the camera-part is usually unnecessary. I am more concerned about scratching my eyeglasses and this is why I sometimes take off the eyepiece adapter (and put back the rubber thing...)

Ilkka

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back