• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coming back from the shops 01/09 (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi Folks,

Off subject this one I know, but I thought that you might be interested.

Kezza asks do I have any more strange birds. Not at the moment but look what I saw today.

Bill.

PS No it isn't a stuffed model, it's alive. B

Attachments

• DS alpaca, firing close 010906 .jpg
    DS alpaca, firing close 010906 .jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 27
bill moss said:
Hi Folks,

Off subject this one I know, but I thought that you might be interested.

Kezza asks do I have any more strange birds. Not at the moment but look what I saw today.

Bill.

PS No it isn't a stuffed model, it's alive. B

Hello Bill

Is it a newly shorn lama? a young lama? How do you spell lama?

Bridie

Ooooh! A llama? Or an alpaca? So sweet!

Not really off topic, Bill, as the exbeeb board is described on the front page as a "very informal wildlife-nature forum". (o)<

So down your way you've got odd looking birds and odd looking sheep!! 3:)

Only kidding, a small farm near me has some, what are they called, alpacas or something, like mini llamas. Very cute with the head tuft they've left too!

We have several alpaca herds down this way and we have got used to seeing them, but that one certainly looks a bit `odd` I must say!

Hi Ladies,

Cute ain't it. There was a black one nearby too but it was facing the wrong way.

If you put your mouse pointer on the thumbnail without 'clicking' the title will appear.

Bill.

We call them all "Pedro's" as when my lads were younger there was (apparently?) a footballer called Pedro Llama so when we saw a field of Llamas on holiday once the lads both shouted "oh look Pedro's"!!!!
Daft I know but these memories stick with you don't they? lol! 8-P
Best wishes,

Ruth Daniel said:
We call them all "Pedro's" as when my lads were younger there was (apparently?) a footballer called Pedro Llama so when we saw a field of Llamas on holiday once the lads both shouted "oh look Pedro's"!!!!
Daft I know but these memories stick with you don't they? lol! 8-P
Best wishes,

Oh Ruth...I just LOVE that tale, as you say, these names stick don`t they.

Wendy Morris said:
Oh Ruth...I just LOVE that tale, as you say, these names stick don`t they.
3:) Yes they certainly do Wendy.....another occasion (in the days of Sesame Street) and whilst in our local Co-op a lady in front of me with shocking dyed yellow/blonde hair and wearing one of those long cardigans also in yellow....and my youngest (the one now off to Uni this month) shouting at the top of his voice......."oh look Mummy it's Big Bird"!!!!....(I don't know if you recall but Big Bird was a huge fat yellow bird from Sesame street!!!!!! :eek!:)
I was mortified as you can imagine!!!!! 3:)

Hi Ruth,

Nice story, only thing is, it's NOT a Llama. These are Llamas.

And yes, these were 'coming back from the shops' but a different place and a couple of years back.

Bill

Attachments

• DS llamas 1.jpg
    DS llamas 1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 11
bill moss said:
Hi Ruth,

Nice story, only thing is, it's NOT a Llama. These are Llamas.

And yes, these were 'coming back from the shops' but a different place and a couple of years back.

Bill
LOL!!! 3:)
To 5 & 8 year olds anything that wasn't a sheep that holiday was a "Pedro"!!! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back