• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (3 Viewers)

Tim Bloody Brilliant
i think you should run a course so i can come and learn to paint and draw properly

the roller is great and love the shortie

Ditto the above, If your going to do Courses, Can you make it coincide with my 50th...? That would be a right Present for this old man...!!!!!!!!

I ran two, 2 hour courses for the RSPB members a few weeks ago (free of charge) - 12 places on each. Had 6 for the first and 2 for the second . . . :) . . .

Still seeking that elusive level of 'how much is enough' . . . Black-headed gulls on the fly;

Attachments

• black-headed gulls feeding (800x555).jpg
    black-headed gulls feeding (800x555).jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 109
I ran two, 2 hour courses for the RSPB members a few weeks ago (free of charge) - 12 places on each. Had 6 for the first and 2 for the second

darn it......It would have been a good present for this ole fella...!!!

Well, I've put it off long enough, having to take a look on here!
Dare I say you have IMPROVED since I last looked? Of these latest pieces I must agree with Buzzard12; the female Eider and Arctic Terns is the best work I've seen from you and one of the finest I've ever laid eyes on since becoming interested in bird art. Everything hits home; it's stunning!

Moving along, the Roller is a superb example of how a field study should be: informative, spontaneous and bang on the button - fabulous.

Latest BHG's are, like, wow! How've you captured those shapes in flight? Camera? Didn't think so! The influence from the legendary Dr. E is clear to see here.

Russ

Ta.
No camera involved here, Russ - just playing with shapes on paper over a period of days and this came out of the sessions.

Back to pure watercolour for this one - working towards the Slimbridge exhibition next month (eeeek).
Female Blackcap - 22"x17"

Attachments

• blackcap (800x557).jpg
    blackcap (800x557).jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 117
Ta.
No camera involved here, Russ - just playing with shapes on paper over a period of days and this came out of the sessions.

Back to pure watercolour for this one - working towards the Slimbridge exhibition next month (eeeek).
Female Blackcap - 22"x17"

Winner. Just look at that..

The gull heading for the dragonfly is just sublime;) Now the Blackcap in typical surroundings is just frustration for a novice like me its something Id love to paint and never will

Winner. Just look at that..

Really quite amazing. Nothing wrong with pure watercolor -- and probably the understatement of the year. This reminds me of another recent one you did with complicated foliage. For some reason this one seems more natural and flowing to me. In fact it's hard to imagine improving on something like this! It's complicated but direct and fresh at the same time.

Interesting to see a well known Artist magazine, is publishing a four page spread on a Famous Artist who happens to reside on these very pages....!!!!!
A good read, and an inspiration to me..!

When the migrants let me down, it's always nice to be able to rely on some old favourites. This female eider was with two youngsters on the beach at Point of Ness, Stromness yesterday.
Watercolour 27"x22"

Attachments

• dunter ducklings (800x574).jpg
    dunter ducklings (800x574).jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 85
Lets hope the winds dont change so no passerines turn up there and we will be treated to more outstanding Eider pics;)

Thats just cruel...!!;)

Personally I'd love to see you get a few good migrants to paint...

Sibe Rubythroat or American Redstart would benifit us all after the Wooton treatment...

I'm sure Tim will agree with me on this point....

Lets hope the winds dont change so no passerines turn up there and we will be treated to more outstanding Eider pics;)
Sorry - a few perchy-things did turn up when I was on Copinsay; this lesser-throat wouldn't let any of the handful of williewarblers settle on its patch - a rendering ensued.
"Sting In The Tale; Lesser Whitethroat and Willow Warblers" - watercolour and conte, 32"x22"

(ps - just started another painting . . . . EIDERS!!!!!)

Attachments

• Sting In The Tale (800x540).jpg
    Sting In The Tale (800x540).jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 81
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back