• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent update on New Leica 82apo straight (1 Viewer)

Raptor

I have been waiting for this model to hit the street for ever, I am now told it is due in sept 09 I currently own a swaro sts80hd and would like to sell it but I cannot be with out a scope with the fall migration of Golden Eagles almost here (sept 15) CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A CONCRETE TIME FRAME FOR THIS MODEL IN N.AMERICA AND A GOOD REASON WHY THE DELAY OF LAUNCHING THIS NEW LINEUP OF TELEVID thank you in advance Michael Woertman, Rocky Mountain Eagle Research Foundation, www.eaglwatch.ca

Michael,

Your message went around the world was forwarded from Leica Camera in Germany to Leica Camera, USA, was forwarded 3-4x here, and finally came across my desk upon returning home from the British Bird Fair 2 days ago. At any rate, the simple answer is that since the Solms, Germany plant is so small they can not set up 4 separate assembly stations. As such, the decision was made to produce each scope in order of popularity based on sales: 82 mm angleds were first, 65 mm angled body scopes have followed. The APO Televid 82 mm straight is being developed right now and is due out sometime in September as it is third in priority based on sales. I’d bet for later September though. Sorry for the lag, it seems it takes about 3 months between models.

Wish I had a better answer for you but that is the reality of the situation as it stands.

Holler if you have other questions, I’ve inquired about an updated time line now that we are closer and hope to hear from Germany in a few days.

Best,

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back