• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zuiko 300 2.8 question (1 Viewer)

Racuuna

Hello!
Is there anyone on this forum owning this lens.
My question is if the manual focus on this lens is controlled electronical as in Canon ef 300 2.8. Hasnt been sucessfull finding any info on the web.

Thanks

I don't own the lens, but owned the 2/150 (and still own the 2/35-100) and can definitely tell you, that the manual focus is not direct (real manual) but you give control commands with your hand to a motor drive, which is focusing the lens.

With the 2/150 this worked well.

How well does the 4/3 to M4/3 adapter work? It's always been alluring to have 600mm f/2.8 equivalent! And which camera do you use it on?

Marc

The MMC-3 works well with my 2/14-35 and my 2/35-100.
It also worked well with my 2/150 + TC-20.

Cameras: first E-M1, now also E-M1 MkII.

You will need one of these two because the other models (E-M5, E-M10, etc.) do not have phase detection but contrast detection, which is rather slow with FT-lenses.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back