• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sofia this weekend (1 Viewer)

Arbu

Am in Bulgaria this Friday and Saturday, based around Sofia. I'm thinking of staying in a hotel close to Mt. Vitosha which would give me good access to the ski slopes and maybe for some birding too. Any good birding to be done at this time of year? I still have to see a black woodpecker...

The birding here hasn't been bad even though I think March is not a great time of year for the area. Have seen a Syrian Woodpecker from the balcony of my hotel, a Sombre Tit, an early Stork (I didn't have time to get my binoculars on it, but I think it was probably white given the time of year), a Short-toed Treecreeper, and a Nutcracker. All on and around Mt. Vitosha, just south of Sofia.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back