• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little bargain trailfinder11 compact (1 Viewer)

Bencw

This was I think a bargain? won the auction and got it for £11, brand new and boxed. A Trailfinder 11 8x25 and it's a super little compact, not a bad FOV for an 8x25, twist up eye cups, pin sharp and bright, it's a little gem. I don't often use a compact and have a little old Nikon 8x25 I usually pop in my pocket when I do not want to carry much, always thought it fine but this little bin is smaller and sharper, defines detail better, possibly because of later coatings, so it will likely take its place.

Attachments

• Opticron-trailfinder2.JPG
    Opticron-trailfinder2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
This was I think a bargain? won the auction and got it for £11, brand new and boxed. A Trailfinder 11 8x25 and it's a super little compact, not a bad FOV for an 8x25, twist up eye cups, pin sharp and bright, it's a little gem. I don't often use a compact and have a little old Nikon 8x25 I usually pop in my pocket when I do not want to carry much, always thought it fine but this little bin is smaller and sharper, defines detail better, possibly because of later coatings, so it will likely take its place.

Looks like a great find Ben.

Lee

Given the T3s are about £60 odd quid, I'd say that was a steal! Not sure there was a huge leap when Opticron upgraded the model either.

Thanks all, nice to get a bargain, usually when you think you have got one on auction it turns out not to be, but well pleased with this.

I had the chance today to compare this trailfinder11 with the Nikon 8x25 Sportstar I have, the sportstar seemed very very marginally sharper, but not much in it and that the little trailfinder11 is neater and much, much brighter, probably the newer coatings, the sportstar gave a quite gloomy darkish view by comparison which I had never noticed before.

I got a "Trailblazer" in the US for $32 auction+shipping.
Nice big chunky view. Sharp enough and true color.
I got a steal, but running the currency conversion, you've got me beat by good bit! Congrats.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back