• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarch 7 10x30 (1 Viewer)

Apodidae49

So, I’ve been posting recently about looking at Nikon Prostaff 7S 10x30 as a travel pair of bins and others have been offering their opinions.

So today I went to big department store John Lewis for a peep through a pair as my regular optical supplier, In Focus, doesn’t stock them.

Arrived at JL to find no binoculars on display at all! Seems the demand has not been great and they’re stopping selling them. Asked the assistant and he said that all they had left was a few pairs at reduced prices due to no accessories, in a display cabinet. I spotted the Prostaffs (so I thought) reduced to £129 and told the guy so. He looked and said, no mate, they’re the Monarchs. Sudden rush of excitement as he got them out of the cabinet and I confirmed that they were the Monarch 7 10x30.

Close inspection of the glass revealed no defects or damage and a good look through them, inside and outside the shop, confirmed that I was going to buy them, particularly after a Google Search revealed a price of £379 on Nikon’s UK site and the more realistic online price of £299 at Wex Photo & London Cameras and £269 on both Amazon and Park Cameras.

So I am now the proud owner of the aforementioned bins and rather pleased with them. :t:

Congratulations! What a stroke of luck! You didn't happen to notice what else they had on offer did you?

David

Congratulations! What a stroke of luck! You didn't happen to notice what else they had on offer did you?

David

Some small colourful Nikon compacts, a pair of big Nikon Porro Prism bins and a pair of Nikon Travelite, the “pointy” little bins with big eye cups.

These are mine, clearly an ex-display pair but with full 10 year warranty.

Attachments

• 6C7986DF-125C-45AF-9042-56323D4BE760.jpeg
    6C7986DF-125C-45AF-9042-56323D4BE760.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 111
Hi,

congratulations to a very good deal! If you were already set on the 10x30 format and could try them so they work for you - perfect!

Enjoy the view,

Joachim

Hi,

congratulations to a very good deal! If you were already set on the 10x30 format and could try them so they work for you - perfect!

Enjoy the view,

Joachim

Just noticed the knurled effect on the armouring of the right lens barrel. Must have had a zip cable tie on it at sometime or other? No problem, the 10 year warranty via John Lewis is bulletproof.

Some small colourful Nikon compacts, a pair of big Nikon Porro Prism bins and a pair of Nikon Travelite, the “pointy” little bins with big eye cups.

These are mine, clearly an ex-display pair but with full 10 year warranty.

Sounds like you got the pick of the crop. Well done.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back