• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frog Or Toad? (1 Viewer)

Modular

I'll leave this space empty
I know nothing of this Frog or Toad and wondered if SomeOne could identify it, Thank's so much and Take care,
John,

Attachments

• Frog-Or-Toad.jpg
    Frog-Or-Toad.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 106
It's definitely not a toad, that much I can help you with. I recently found out that determining which species of frog it is can be very difficult, sometimes only a 100% achievable by DNA analysis...
Do you have an above view picture (one in which we see the back completely)? That can be very helpful, since some frogs have the dorsolateral folds close together, while others do not.

Definately a frog, looks to be a common native job rather than one of the invasive marsh frogs I get around these parts!

Don't see so many frogs and toads these days unfortunately.

Take care of it!!

Matt

You lot are fast! ... Thank You so Much ... This was next to my Garden Pond which is covered with these around the edge ... Had a lot of Tadpole's
this Year ... I've attached the only other Two picture's i had of this
Frog,
Take care,
John,

Attachments

• AnotherView-1.jpg
    AnotherView-1.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 62
  • AnotherView-2.jpg
    AnotherView-2.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi there John!

Good to see you again, hope all's well with you as it is with us.

Here's a Toad, you can see they are so much drier than Frogs, more warty too. Those are some lovely Frogs you've got, if you've a pond or an upturned dustbin lid with water in it (that's stood for a good while to get the bacteria in) then they'll use it - IF they don't already have their 'own patch'.

Good luck John and so good to see you again.

Sue.

Attachments

• Toad Ruthven Scotland 7728 1.jpg
    Toad Ruthven Scotland 7728 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 77
Hi there John!

Good to see you again, hope all's well with you as it is with us.

Here's a Toad, you can see they are so much drier than Frogs, more warty too. Those are some lovely Frogs you've got, if you've a pond or an upturned dustbin lid with water in it (that's stood for a good while to get the bacteria in) then they'll use it - IF they don't already have their 'own patch'.

Good luck John and so good to see you again.

Sue.

Hey Sue! ... Good to see You again too ... Downside is i ain't well but i'm
being treated ... That's why i ain't around much ... Alway's look's like i'm
online but i never turn the Pc off lol ... Glad your Well and great Toad with
the 350D ... I must say i prefer Toad's to Frog's ... I could alway's hold
Toad's better than Frog's when i was a Nipper lol ... Good to see you again
and i'll have to pop in the feather's soon, ;) ,
You Take care Hun,
John,

Hi John,

I'm so sorry to hear you're not been well, but I hope with treatment that you'll soon get better. I've no idea about your light being on as I've not even seen your name or avatar anywhere anyway. The feathers is missing your touch, but still goes on.and on..and.!

Look after yourself John and take good care so you can get well soon!

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back