• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Egret Looking Sporty (1 Viewer)

Marysan

Photo taken 10-06-02 at Santee Lakes, Santee, CA, USA, with my Nikon CoolPix 775 Dig Cam 6X Optical Zoom.

Attachments

• great egret.jpg
    great egret.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 230
Thanks Sylvia,

I'm glad we share the same sense of humor. I have no idea of whose boat it is. You are located in a beautiful area of upstate New York which I have visited. The trees must be turning colors by now and there is nothing more beautiful. I am originally from Pennsylvania. Good to hear from you.

beautiful country

Yes, it is very beautiful here.

When my husband and i took a trip to England in the fall of '98, so much of the countryside there reminded us of home - same green rolling hills and pastureland with trees and small towns. Of course, no ancient stone walls!

The trees are just beginning to turn colors here now. We've had a warm fall, but the cold has begun to creep in!

Where in Pennsylvania did you come from? And where is Santee? Our 2 sons live in Mammoth Lakes in the Sierras. Wow, is it beautiful there!!!

Take care. And keep up the good work with the photos! (I like the Black Phoebe on the water fountain too.)

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,
I grew up in Plymouth, PA , which is on the Susquehanna River just across from the larger city of Wilkes-Barre in northeastern PA. I have a friend who lives in Binghamton, NY. When I visited her, we did a lot of driving thru upstate New York. Santee is a growing little town about 25 miles east of downtown San Diego. The Lakes there are manmade and there is an RV campground. You can read more about it at www.santeelakes.com. I was glad to read that you liked the Black Phoebe on the water fountain cause I hesitated in posting that one. Thanks for writing.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back