• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egyptian butterflies (1 Viewer)

boroboy

I will be in sharm el shiek egypt for the first 2 weeks in September and I am trying to find info on butterflies for that period but I am strugleing can anybody help please

As with anywhere in the world if you can recognize the families by their appearance in the field you can much more easily narrow down options even if you don't know any of the species. Get used to what Pierids, Hesperiids, Nymphalids etc. look like.

Subfamilies are usually in some cases too, for instance Satyrinae in Nymphalidae are distinct from the other Nymphalids, and Theclinae in Lycaenidae.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back