• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No butterflies. (1 Viewer)

coaltit

United Kingdom
I have not seen a single butterflie this month from the confines of my garden and the surrounding neibourhood they may be one or two lurking in the nearby Countryside ;) well hopefully they are no doubt due to weather conditions we,ve had this month the last butterflie of note along with a few holly blues in the garden was a small copper in the white peak in may, I,m hopeing like usual The butterflies will make an appearance in late july around the 25th as at present its devoid of them.

Low(ish) numbers here in London but they are about during the odd sunny periods.
Small White, Green-veined White, Small Tort., Comma, Red Admiral, Holly Blue, Meadow Brown, Gatekeeper, Purple Hairstreak, White-letter Hairstreak, Small Skipper, Brimstone have all seen this month locally.
Martin

No Butterflies

Low(ish) numbers here in London but they are about during the odd sunny periods.
Small White, Green-veined White, Small Tort., Comma, Red Admiral, Holly Blue, Meadow Brown, Gatekeeper, Purple Hairstreak, White-letter Hairstreak, Small Skipper, Brimstone have all seen this month locally.
Martin
Hi martin
That is pleaseing to see a nice selection of butterflies there it just goes to show even the most common butterflies won,t show in some regions when in others they do.

Some regions definitely have different patterns of abundance and date of emergence.

That does not apply to white-letter hairstreak which I argue is mythical and does not exist anywhere in the UK ;)

Some regions definitely have different patterns of abundance and date of emergence.

That does not apply to white-letter hairstreak which I argue is mythical and does not exist anywhere in the UK ;)

I see it annually around London. Saw 3 on a less than ideal day a couple of weeks back.

It's been a hole on my butterfly list for nearly a decade - ouch ;)

Spent most of my time at Stockbridge Down admittedly, perhaps I should look elsewhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back