• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Offshore Butterflies (1 Viewer)

tystie

"Time is never wasted when your wasted all the tim
We have had loads of Moths and Butterflies out here the last couple of days,SE winds or lack of it !!,Seen Dozens of Painted Lady's,A few Red Admirals,Silver Y's and many micro moths and dozens of Hover/Sun flies,the nearest land is 130 mile away still its keeping the Female Pied Flycatcher happy.

We have had loads of Moths and Butterflies out here the last couple of days,SE winds or lack of it !!,Seen Dozens of Painted Lady's,A few Red Admirals,Silver Y's and many micro moths and dozens of Hover/Sun flies,the nearest land is 130 mile away still its keeping the Female Pied Flycatcher happy.

There have been absolutely loads of Painted Ladies in northeast Scotland over the weekend. They seem to have appeared out of the blue, as before Friday I hadn't seen any all year. I was even seeing some on top of Cairngorm on Saturday. Are people seeing lots elsewhere?

There have been absolutely loads of Painted Ladies in northeast Scotland over the weekend. They seem to have appeared out of the blue, as before Friday I hadn't seen any all year. I was even seeing some on top of Cairngorm on Saturday. Are people seeing lots elsewhere?

I saw at least ten Painted Ladies today near Consett in Co.Durham, none were about yesterday. Nice fresh condition too, typical of migrant specimens.

Harry

Saw probably more then 50 at Forvie last Friday.

They noticeably arrived here in Shetland over the weekend, with Red Admirals in slightly smaller numbers. Probably a ratio of 2:1 on my patch at least.

ce

Painted Ladies - Lewis

Saw loads around the North half of Lewis, right up to the Butt last Friday, whilst I was killing time before the abortive albatross attempt next day. I was surprised to see them up there in such large numbers, especially as they were the first I'd seen this year.

Cheers
John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back