• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird/wildlife guided tour for 1 day (2 Viewers)

Phil Owen

Visiting Rivera de Maya in October.

Can anyone recommend a tour guide for the day for the birds and general wildlife please?

Thanks

I got back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago. I did a day with http://www.birdingwithsteven.com/ (sorry can't make the link work). We went to Rio Lagaratos, and had a really wonderful experience, over 80 species, nearly all lifers for me. Good trip, well run, excellent guide, good company. Ticked all the boxes, certainly worth a look, he says enviously.
Allan

Hi Allan

The difference between them defeats me, but I've managed to get your link to work.

We had a great experience with Eduardo at EcoColors tours. His driver, Lugo, was also an excellent bird guide, so we had plenty of local expertise at our disposal. I don't know if you need transport to be arranged, but they can handle that, as well as multi-day tours, lodging, etc.

We were in Tulum, so we spent the day in Muyil and surrounding environs. Lots of birds.

They switch to doing mostly whale shark diving tours in the summer months, but should be in bird guide mode for October. Don't be put off by the whale shark slant of their website-- they are very capable bird, nature, and archeology tour guides as well.

https://www.ecotravelmexico.com/

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back