• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Will baader hyperion zoom work on Celestron regal (1 Viewer)

marktafler

I have celestron ulitma 65 with baader 8-24 and I really like the combo for its wide view . The things makes me wana buy Celestron regal are rotating collar and ED glass , The ulitma 65 also has significant CA i guess this will not be a problem with regal

I am worried if the Regal will reach focus of infinity on with baader zoom have any one you tried it ?

I know the include zoom eyepiece is decent one , i already have the astro version of it (Celestron 8-24x) . Comparing the 1.25inch nose piece of both baader and celestron zoom . the baader is bit longer thats why i worry if it will reach the focus of infinity

Btw is it possible to remove the eyepiece locking collar of Regal scopes (just curios if there is m35 thread underneath)

If the baader Regal combo is not possible which alternate scope would you recommend for similar price and can take the baader zoom ( Rotating collar is must )

Thanks for your input

I will give this a bump as I too would be curious to see if anyone has tried this EP on the Celestron Regal 65 F-ED or the larger ones.I know the included EP is fairly good on the Regals,would this be much of an improvement over the stock EP?

Here's the answer I got from UTCbirder

"that was one of the first things i attempted, the mating of the CFED 65 to the Hype zoom- no go... the combo would not reach infinity focus.

however the fixed 13 or 17mm Baader w/ the Celestron spotter is a killer combo, and highly recommended. "

Thats too bad about it not focusing,I suspected that would be the case.The fixed EP sounds good,but I still prefer the convience of a zoom.

The new version has a bit more backfocus ,probably achieved with modified and improved hardware..The reason the previous versions weren' t working was probably the massive locking collar of the regal.That feature sits eyepieces pretty far up ..same problem with the pentax PF ED 65,although the Regal collar is much higher...
the Regal zoom is a nice eyepiece optically,but the field of view of the Baader is in another league,rivalling wide fix power eyepieces at most magnifications,and getting even wider fields than many at high power.Excellent contrast and sharpness too..I use a Mark III on a Kowa 823 ,and I have owned the Regal 65 with regal zoom.I never compared them side by side,but i have compared both with the BST explorer ED 12 mm,60 degrees,and i know the Baader is wider at 12 mm,while the Regal never reached that field at the same magnification

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back