• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Surfbirds (1 Viewer)

Anyone else having trouble getting on to Surfbirds in the UK?

My wife has no issues in Russia.

A

Just tried it and no probs with immediate access Andy, and I'm just up the road from you (if it makes any difference...I'm not too IT conversant)

Firefox has undergone another major update, and I have had issues on a number of sites, as there are 'certificate issues' which linked to Kaspersky's over developed sense of stopping me enjoy the internet has made for a fun few days.
Have you tried from a tablet or telephone, as I can access most sites through android devices, even if I cannot through Firefox on my desktop.
I dont subscribe to surfbirds so this is just a general comment.
Harry

Firefox has undergone another major update, and I have had issues on a number of sites, as there are 'certificate issues' which linked to Kaspersky's over developed sense of stopping me enjoy the internet has made for a fun few days.
Have you tried from a tablet or telephone, as I can access most sites through android devices, even if I cannot through Firefox on my desktop.
I dont subscribe to surfbirds so this is just a general comment.
Harry

Thanks Harry,
as I said, my wife cann get access with no issues at all on a Mac in Russia. You don't have to subscribe to Surfbirds to view the content.

http://www.surfbirds.com/index.php

As I write, the issue has solved itself?

Edit: Not fixed, accessed the homepage ok which I couldn't previously but still cannot browse the........ and now I can't access the site at all again.

Thanks, A

Last edited:
I can get in (Pale Moon), but had to change my password.

My problem is, that if I open the Home Page, I'm automatically logged in and can go to the Forums page without issue (but there's no link to the Gallery?). However, if I go to the Gallery I'm no longer logged in and my password isn't accepted? And I can't return to the Forums?

Not sure what I'm missing?

I have no idea what's going on, I'll just have to open IE when I want to visit the site.

No issue with any other sites either.

A

Using Firefox 57.0.4 I have just gone in , past homepage to forums and opened random threads and posts.
Kaspersky shows minimal 'intrusion', less requests for details etc than BF, so am at a loss.
When I go into the office, I will recheck, as I have a 'harsher' privacy detector on the machine there... the joys of working for governments :)
Just checked: its not an obvious JavaScript or Adobe issue, they're sometimes culprits.
Harry

Went in on my office one no problems at all, It asked to allow surfbirds.com, in two guises, googleapis, in two guises and a couple of others that our vpn flags, but does not stop.

At the moment, unless you have recently run a deep clean with something like ccleaner or inbuilt with virus and firewall protection, cannot think of other reasons, but will ponder whilst at work. Its more fun than dealing with overseas insurance regulators.

Having said that... has your firwall updated and for some reason is not allowing surfbirds?

And I know its VERY old-fashioned but have you thought about turning it off and on again? with windows 10 that often helps.

Best

Harry

Thanks again Harry,
I've done everything short of a system restore but it's not urgent whilst I can access the site on at least one browser.

Cheers, A

My laptop suddenly did it to me on a site last month, but it turned out to be Firefos's update, after I had done all of the above too.
Best of luck.
Harry

Just started working again with no effort from me.

The message I was getting was that the Surfbirds server was taking too long to respond?

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back