• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron Regal F-100 Eyepiece compatability (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Hi All .. I just purchased the Regal ED 100 mm scope to use on my porch for views of the lake. Since I have only owned a few over the past 40 yrs with the stock eyepieces being zooms, I need some advice on which fixed eyepieces to purchase that would compliment this fine piece of equipment. I am looking for eyepieces in the moderate low to medium power ranges(20 to 45 ) with 17 -20mm of eyerelief. I have read the posts on the 65 & 80 mm versions & some of the problems there has been with some of the other brands that would not focus or had some of the view cut off. I paid a very reasonable price of around $650 which included Celestrons heavy duty tripod, so I dont mind spending a few hundred dollars more for some high end fixed eyepieces which will keep my total cash output around $1000. Any advice would be greatly appreciated ...gwen

whats the focal lenght of that scope? YOu may be looking for ep in the 15-25mm rangeif you want medium power.

I have a 16mm william optics ep wide angle I may be selling, PM me for more info.

Baader hyp have long eye relief, but they are quite bulky, however if your scope wont be moved much then they could be good for you.

whats the focal lenght of that scope? YOu may be looking for ep in the 15-25mm rangeif you want medium power.

I have a 16mm william optics ep wide angle I may be selling, PM me for more info.

Baader hyp have long eye relief, but they are quite bulky, however if your scope wont be moved much then they could be good for you.

The Focal Length is 540. I dont mind a bulky eyepiece since it wont be a portable scope once it gets set up. I have read about Williams & others but I dont know which ones will actually be totally compatable with the Celestron. I just thought there would be some out there that would have a sharper view with more contrast than the zoom eyepiece that came with it ..... gwen

`about Williams & others but I dont know which ones will actually be totally compatable`

well any of the range that are 1.25" will work. I have a fairly cheap 15mm paradigm ep that am not using much either, That could be good one to start with, as so far I get the impression, that you havent tried anything in the scope yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back