• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UV filter size for Leica Apo 65 (1 Viewer)

fmorais

Hi all.

I have a Leica apo televid 65 for a few years now.
Decided to buy an UV filter to put in front, because it's easier to clean after the seawatching sessions, and also because the scope will be a bit more protected.

From what I've read, the filter size should be 67mm. Can somebody please confirm this?

Regards
Frederico

Hi Frederico,

I have just checked a Leica catalogue, which specifies E67.
I think this must be M67 x 0,75 as there don't seem to be any other pitch sizes in that filter thread diameter.

John

Gents,

I have never used a filter on a spotting scope before, only camera lenses. Are you saying that any 67MM lens filter will fit the APO 65? For instance a B&W filter. Can someone post a link to a filter that will fit? Thank you and good birding.

Hi.

100% confirmed. Just bought a Hama 67mm UV filter and it fits on my APO 65.
From now on, after a seawatching session I'll just take the filter out and clean it, instead of having to clean the scope.

Regards
Frederico

leica provide a clear glass front element to protect the objective and it is fitted to your scope for easy cleaning as standard in manufacture ,youve got a great scope with the best glass and the best protection

Sorry Steven, didn't understand your last message.

I know the scope is protected at the front but it is not easy or quick to clean the salt after a seawatching session.
With the filter it's just a question of unscrewing it and washing it. And it costed me 13€ or so so, if it breaks or gets scratched, it's not a big problem.

Regards
Fred

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back