• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geese problem (example of subtle spam) (1 Viewer)

I made it up Pam. Mike suggested the thread was merely an advert for a product, so I said it didn't work.|=)|

(But I think you know I made it up, and I've just ruined it with my reply, lol)

I didn't know!|:S| Honestly!;) Doubt it works anyway!o:D

How the hell does this thread get on the Birdforum, I thought we all enjoyed bird life not spent our time looking for ways to get rid of them. Oh well it takes all types I guess.

PeterK

How the hell does this thread get on the Birdforum, I thought we all enjoyed bird life not spent our time looking for ways to get rid of them. Oh well it takes all types I guess.

PeterK

Unfortunately, Geese, like Pigeons/Sparrowhawks/Magpies/Crows, etc. aren't cute and fluffy. So they don't get appreciated as they should.

They are all fascinating, if you take the time to watch them.|=)|

I don't believe this is a genuine thread. I remember a similar one a few months ago, endorsing the same goose repellant product.

PeterK

The thread turned into a joke, Peter!

Of course we all enjoy bird life, that is why we are members here and post of our trips and sightings etc, well most of us do!

The thread turned into a joke, Peter!

Of course we all enjoy bird life, that is why we are members here and post of our trips and sightings etc, well most of us do!

I don't go on any trips.|=(|

EDIT: actually quite a few threads I've contributed to have turned into jokes. (I hope it's not just me being naughty |=)|)

Last edited:
I don't go on any trips.|=(|

EDIT: actually quite a few threads I've contributed to have turned into jokes. (I hope it's not just me being naughty |=)|)

Now you are after a sympathy vote! Go for a local walk, get your local OS map and find those little lanes, woods and footpaths through areas you didn't know existed and enjoy!o:D

You aren't naughty, just sociable!:-O

Now you are after a sympathy vote! Go for a local walk, get your local OS map and find those little lanes, woods and footpaths through areas you didn't know existed and enjoy!o:D

You aren't naughty, just sociable!:-O

*really tries for the sympathy vote now |=)|*

I do go out, just my health prevents me going often. (that should get me sympathy |=)|) But I'm more than happy watching and learning about the wildlife in my garden. I'm never bored, and I can't remember a day when something in the garden hasn't made me smile.

*can hear Violins*

Actually I'm within half a mile of Walthamstow Reservoirs, which is an SSSI that's full of Birds. So I do have the option of seeing more Birds when I'm up to it.

*really tries for the sympathy vote now |=)|*

I do go out, just my health prevents me going often. (that should get me sympathy |=)|) But I'm more than happy watching and learning about the wildlife in my garden. I'm never bored, and I can't remember a day when something in the garden hasn't made me smile.

*can hear Violins*

Actually I'm within half a mile of Walthamstow Reservoirs, which is an SSSI that's full of Birds. So I do have the option of seeing more Birds when I'm up to it.

You really are trying, Chris!;)o:D

Seriously I am sorry to read that your health prevents you going out often!

A timely reminder that we don't have to go out on walks etc to get the pleasure from our wildlife! If we are lucky enough to have a garden and look around, then I agree there is plenty to make us smile! I am pleased that you get such pleasure from your garden wildlife and long may it continue for you!:t:

This is a classic example of modern forum spamming and how subtle it has become on the internet. The original poster is actually in India, yet poses as someone from the U.S. (in order to gain credibility as genuine member) We're getting a lot of this at the moment, and it usually ends up with embedded links being posted in the thread, surrounded by invaluable keywords related to their product/website in the thread (for search engine purposes). I've removed a follow-up post with the embedded links in.

This goose repellant one has been cropping up for a few months now.
Feel free to use the 'report' post button if you see any similar ones appear. The posts are often poor broken English and often nonsensical, often posted at times that are very unlikely from the location given.

cheers,
Andy
Admin

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back