• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mysterious Kowa Sporting Optics tweet (1 Viewer)

Who knows? Only the Kowa Sports Optics people, the rest is marketing. I personally doubt it will be a scope unless it's a mid size 65mm model. They've covered the travel scope size and the 88mm size.
Could be an alpha model 42mm binocular to challenge Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss though.

I dont think the digital camera / binocular unit is quite ready yet.

P

I guess I'll get my hopes up once again that this means a replacement for the TSN-88 scopes. Not that there is anything really wrong with the current big Kowas, which is a tribute their excellent 14 year old design. It's just that a 95-100mm Fluorite objective with zoom magnification extending to around 80x and rubber armoring thrown in would give Kowa a new leg up on on the Swarovski ATX and Zeiss Harpia competition, unfortunately probably with a $4500 price tag. Perhaps an announcement at the SHOT Show next week?

Sorry to disappoint but inside info from Kowa suggests this tweet was premature.
Hopefully this means something is on the way but just isn't imminent.
Lee

I am patiently waiting for a KOWA TSN- 950 with a green rubber armoring. Whenever it comes it will be my next step up. Before, I am a very happy user of my current KOWA TSN 883 PROMINAR spotting scope. For me still outperforming any other big name spotting scope what chromatic aberration and micro contrast is considered.

Thanks
Michael

Sounds interresting as there seems to be a price drop for the TSN-883 also. Several German Stores offer brand new 883 bodies for under 1.800,- EUR now, the 25-60 eyepiece for around 530,- EUR. Maybe they know sth we don't?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back