• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free Birdwatching Guide to the Algarve PDF (1 Viewer)

I didn't realise it was freely available online and already covered here but I was going to mention a guide was easily available in tourist offices in the Algarve. I didn't get it as I am no longer bird focussed but got the 'Nature Tourism' version and it was worthwhile buying at just seven euros or so.

In my ninth or tenth year of visiting the Algarve, I was delighted to finally see my first Chameleons. Two were in the bushes by the restaurant (mothballed for the winter) at the end of the footbridge to the beach from the car park at Quinta do Lago. B :)

Sorting my photos at the moment so I may post an image or two later.

Furthermore, I have never had it so good for moths coming to the light on the balcony of our now regular apartment in Pera. One night saw no less than six Palpita vitrealis.

Attachments

• DSCF4045.JPG
    DSCF4045.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
As promised, here is an image of one of the Chameleons at Quinta do Lago...........

Attachments

• Chamaeleo chamaeleon.JPG
    Chamaeleo chamaeleon.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 54
Chameleons at Quinta do Lago

As promised, here is an image of one of the Chameleons at Quinta do Lago...........
Nice to hear from you Andrew, though sorry to hear the birding's dropped off a bit.
We've also seen a chameleon at QDL, one October a few years back.
Nice photo.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back