• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just made it to 200!!! (1 Viewer)

Terry O'Nolley said:
Congrats! I only began officially birding this year and have just reached 54. From what I have been reading on this thread, things are going to get slower unless I take specific birdwatching trips! 200 seems a long way off and do you know what? That makes me feel good because I can look forward to years of discovery and pleasure.

My local list doesn't include that many birding adventures, mostly just trips to the barn to feed and care for my horses. Just last week I was able to add an Eastern Screech Owl.

I'm not able to make all day birding trips either but on my last vacation I was able to bird while my teens were running. I have a pair of old bins in my car, carry a pair in my saddle bags while riding and will step out of the stadium while waiting for the next race at the track meets. It is just a matter of sandwiching the time to bird around my schedule.

Well, i hit my target of getting to 150 by end December (first proper year birding). Number 150 was Yellow-browed warbler - a good tick for the 150th. Actually then went and addedone further with Brambling, Sanderling and Grey Plover. Now sitting pretty on 153. My girlfriend is now on 149.

160 by the end of the year?

dwayne950 said:
Easily - maybe lots more dependant on how much time you get to bird!!!

Not a lot - maybe a day every 2-3 weeks - certainly no trips to Norfolk!. Trouble is, i've got most of the "ducks".

Made it to 200 with Monegu's Harrier in Norfolk. In fact, got a few new ones on that trip and now sitting on 208. With a Scotland trip in October, should manage to get to 220/30 by the end of the year. Photo life list is now on 181.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back