• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, Please help to identify bird (1 Viewer)

Anand14

Greetings to all, I found a bird in my back yard, its eyes was missing thankfully one still is ok, but I do not recognize what type bird is this, i know its a baby bird.. need help from all to identify the breed of this bird so I can accommodate the bird with a proper bedding and food.

Attachments

• IMG-20150625-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150625-WA0000.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 111
On behalf of staff and moderators a warm welcome to Birdforum.

If the bird is indeed injured, then it's chances of survival are somewhat reduced. Therefore, I would urge you to read Birdforum's guidelines on the care of baby and injured birds here for further advice.

If it is indeed a baby cuckoo of some sort (and I agree that it does look rather like a baby Koel) then the original parents won't be around, as they are brood parasites. If it was being fed before you found it, it would have been by foster parents.

Welcome to the Forum.

What you should do is do a google search for "wildlife rehabilitater or rehabber for your area and get the bird to them as soon as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back