• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 5d Mk IV (1 Viewer)

Colin

Axeman (Retired)
England
Have I missed a thread on this camera. This morning I was bombarded with emails (well two) for pre- ordering at £3599.00. Wex and Clifton Cameras are taking orders and full details are on their websites. Looks interesting but I have no money!

(Mods - please delete if there is already a thread on this camera)

It does look like a nice new toy!

However for £6/700 less you can buy a very nice condition 1DX. Looking at the specs I would go for a used 1DX. Were it priced about £800 to £1000 less I would be interested, but for my (wildlife) uses I can't see it competing too well against my 1DX.

Having said that we haven't used the 5D4 yet - so you never know?????

My guess is that the 5D4 will settle down at around £2800/2900 once the early adopters have had there fill. Once it becomes available with the grey importers it will probably come in cheaper still but that could be a fair way off. What is costing us at the moment is the weak GBP (more pounds needed to buy the yen).

Of note is that the 5D mk IV supports exposure compensation with Auto ISO. That is, you can set the aperture and shutter speed, and it will calculate the ISO for the correct exposure. This is something I'd very much like to have on my mk III (and could easily be added by Canon with a firmware upgrade), but I'll probably have to buy the mk IV...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back