• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I miss Eagle Optics. (1 Viewer)

Customer service?

The days of customer service are about gone. Doesn't matter what they say on their website to the contrary. I've been having a terrible customer service experience for the last 4 days trying to buy a binocular. OMG! Never from them again.

Hi BC, I assume you are talking about Vortex, but correct me if I am wrong please. But, what happened, if I may ask? It might be helpful to others as well, if we know more details. I don't want to bring up a sore subject, but I am curious, after your statement.

No I'm not talking about Vortex. However I'm reluctant to say more about who it was because I think some here might get upset because it's possibly a company and employs a person they like and respect. This person however was not involved in the transaction gone bad. If you read over some of my other comments in recent threads you can likely figure out who it was but at this time I'm not saying more because this stupid drama is not completely resolved yet. It involves the seller and the distributor both. I've never had a similar experience and I was completely blindsided by it because I was expecting something much different. I think in the future I'll stick with the sellers I know well whenever possible.

OK, that is good to hear it is not Vortex who are lacking in customer service, and that makes more sense now. But whoever it is, it should be brought out into the open so others may know the difficulties we may encounter, or may not, depending on who we get when we reach out, and the other possiblity, is the deadheads that we may also encounter on the way. There are surely enough of them out there too, and to be aware of the likely encounter!

Well, as far as I am concerned, and what I believe is right, is that we all can share information about things good and bad here, and let us each decide for ourselves what is valid for us and what is not. Things like this happen all the time, and it sometimes just involves small things we input, and the larger outcome we receive for our efforts or misdirected input.

It's not all equal exchange, for sure. But that is the human element, unfortunately, and one we cannot change, but only what we can try to alter course with some effort, to make it happen for us, whatever it is that we want to accomplish.

Certainly, it's not easy dealing with customer service sometimes, for sure, and requires more effort than we have available at the time! ; )

Anyway, stick to your guns, and get what you want, in the end, so to speak. I know....I know. Just don't think you are defeated when you still have some kick left in you! Just go at them again, if you need to. Giving up is too easy, but I understand how it can get there in a hurry!

Having had some contact with Bill Thompson III and Ben Lidzas I think that what is happening are the growing pains of new operation. No organization works smoothly from the start. I'm sorry that that happened to you but time should fix it.
Steve

I agree with you. However I must say the many mistakes made seem to be big no brainers for me. Of course I worked in sales and managed some sales depts. These errors really shouldn't have happened IMO even for a startup business. Then of course the problem was compounded by Opticron who really blew it big time. The whole thing for me was a big cluster f_ _ _. It just goes to show how no good deed goes unpunished.

I just got an email from Ben in Honduras. It made things better for me for sure. I like the guy. We'll work out the details when he returns and this will all go bye bye and hopefully they will learn a whole lot and ultimately benefit from this situation. However my issue with Opticron likely won't be worked out so easily. I don't know if I want to own one of their optics anymore. I'm pretty upset about our communications over their failure to follow through on what they promised by phone call. Anyway I don't think I'm going to end up with the binocular I was hoping to own. That's what I get out of this deal lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back