• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Digiscoping adaptor (1 Viewer)

Jay23

I have an Apo 77 and a canon A95 and am considering the Leica Adaptor advertised by W/house Express. Anybody tried this combination?

Chris

ChrisSearle said:
I have an Apo 77 and a canon A95 and am considering the Leica Adaptor advertised by W/house Express. Anybody tried this combination?

Chris
I have had the Leica D-Lux 2 camera & now waiting for my adapter they are not in the shops until jan.

Other eyepieces

snapper said:
I have had the Leica D-Lux 2 camera & now waiting for my adapter they are not in the shops until jan.

I wonder if this scope adaptor will be of any use on other scope eyepieces, e.g. Swaro.

ChrisSearle said:

Chris

Just got my Leica Adapter 2 this morning, well made bit of kit, it is designed around the Leica D-Lux 2 or the Panasonic equivalent, but as they say it will take other cameras The Adapter has linear adjustment in the length of the tube that connect to the eyepiece (approx 30mm) to allow for the lens on your camera zooming in and out, once you have your zoom set against the eyepiece there is a screw the stops linear movement in the adapter. The adapter itself is held onto the eyepiece with a set screw that clamps to the knurled collar on the eyepiece. The camera is held in place via two independent adjustable vice like jaws, which are protected with soft neoprene pads. Just took some practice shots using D-Lux2 out of the bedroom window (coz its grey and raining!!!) and thus far seems to be a good combo. If you call Leica they will advise on whether your camera will fit, but please note at the moment these adapters are as rare as rocking horse poo!!! Hope this is helpful Dougie :scribe:

glad to hear the adaptors are slowly getting onto the market.i have one on order from warehouseexpress and the suspence of the adaptor arriving is unbearable.it sounds as if this adaptor is a well thought out and designed piece of kit.are the photos as good as leica put out on their web site?.

Cable release

I am concerned that the adaptor will preclude the use of my A 95 cable release - Any ideas?

Leica DL 2 and adaptor

Noticed some of you guys have expierience with the above, any comments or recommendations?

I am looking to get a new digi for my scope set up and considered the DL2.
Only thing is i am used to the internal zoom of the coolpixies and dont see how you keep the flexibility of zooming in and out say thru 2x - 4x optical zoom with no vignetting, (as i can with my 995) with these external zoom cameras,

Can any one enlighten me??

Regards Ian

dougies report on the adapter is the first and only independant report i can find on the net.all the others seem to be variations of leicas own press reports.these adaptors are as dougie says,"rare as rocking horse poo".and hes right.i have had one of these adaptors on order for a little while now,and still waiting.they are beginning to get out,but it appears as if there are not enough to go round.so dont hold your breath too long.i have the d-lux 2 camera .but out of desperation have resorted to using a temporary home made tube adapter made from old bottle tops and sticky tape.its not very good,nor as yet are my photos.the adaptor is needed to hold it all together,i am not very good at juggling.at the moment it may be best to hang on a while untill more independant reports appear.

snowdragon said:
dougies report on the adapter is the first and only independant report i can find on the net.all the others seem to be variations of leicas own press reports.these adaptors are as dougie says,"rare as rocking horse poo".and hes right.i have had one of these adaptors on order for a little while now,and still waiting.they are beginning to get out,but it appears as if there are not enough to go round.so dont hold your breath too long.i have the d-lux 2 camera .but out of desperation have resorted to using a temporary home made tube adapter made from old bottle tops and sticky tape.its not very good,nor as yet are my photos.the adaptor is needed to hold it all together,i am not very good at juggling.at the moment it may be best to hang on a while untill more independant reports appear.

Thanks - will keep looking for what we all know doesnt exist -

A digiscoping camera that .......

ianmlittlewood said:
Noticed some of you guys have expierience with the above, any comments or recommendations?

I am looking to get a new digi for my scope set up and considered the DL2.
Only thing is i am used to the internal zoom of the coolpixies and dont see how you keep the flexibility of zooming in and out say thru 2x - 4x optical zoom with no vignetting, (as i can with my 995) with these external zoom cameras,

Can any one enlighten me??

Regards Ian

Have had a trial of this kit and it is very good - however the literature with the adapter does suggest that it can be used with all eyepieces except the x40/32 ( which is possibly not the preferred lens). I think the question with some people maybe whether or not to go for the Panasonic version of the camera as its cheaper, but you have to consider that the Leica has a 3 year warranty as opposed to 12 months and is supplied with improved software - I think internally as well as a CD-ROM.

Next scheduled delivery of adapters to Leica Camera UK is mid to late March (don't hold your breadth!) but there is a kit at one of the small retail outlets in north norfolk , they might let you have a sneak look, I have.

Expect to see a load of cheap koolpix 4500's on the market, pagers and E-Bay.

Leica Adaptor

Waiting for the adaptor from WHE....Nearly 2 wks now. However they did send an e-mail to say they were out of stock at the moment.
Just hope the wait isn't too long.

still waiting for my adapor.have been waiting for it since early january.been told there are quite a few back orders for it,so dont expect to get it for quite some time to come.its a part of the leica digiscoping kit i ordered.i have recieved the rest of the kit.if i knew i would be waiting this long i would of certainly been looking for another option.perhaps nikon would of been a safer bet.

I have seen this adapter in use with the scope and leica camera, it is a nice bit of kit and not too cumbersome like the Baader adapter. I was also able to try my A95 on it and it fitted well. However it could get in the way of a cable release for the A95 if you are using the Pennine one as this screws in to the bottom of the camera.

:storm: recently been in contact with warehouse,and no sign of the adapters.thinking now i should of put the money into a couple of lenses for my canon eos instead.its one of those attractive deals that goes sour when kit cannot be supplied.its all looking like a lost cause.doom and gloom,doom and gloom. :storm:

snowdragon said:
:storm: recently been in contact with warehouse,and no sign of the adapters.thinking now i should of put the money into a couple of lenses for my canon eos instead.its one of those attractive deals that goes sour when kit cannot be supplied.its all looking like a lost cause.doom and gloom,doom and gloom. :storm:
Our adapters arrived yesterday. I was surprised that we received our full order as we expected most to be backorderded

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back