• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

scope attachment help please (1 Viewer)

fen tiger

Both my wife and myself are disabled, we've had a lot of fun with our birding and are both new to the hobby,
Can any one out there give us some help with attaching a Samsung Digimax S600 to a scope the camera has a lense that retracts after 3 minutes!
Any suggestions please,
Colin 3:)

I've got the same type of thing on my vivcam, but here's the adapter I use:

attachment.php

Ice cream tub adapter, covered with insulation tape and secured with paperclips and rubber bands. The bracket is a piece of aluminium (from Homebase, no less) with an old bolt to fix it to the camera and a small nut superglued on to attach the shutter cable. The adapter slips on over the end of the scope.
Total cost: £8 (aluminium and cable).

I've since moved the nut that holds the shutter cable to the inside of the bracket so that when you press it, it doesn't pop off the top...

Also, most cameras will have a bit in the menu where you can stop the camera turning itself off.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea it just goes to show what a little thought can do brilliant,i'll give it a go, the photo shows how you've achived this little gem!
Colin 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back