• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trystan's World List 2020 (1 Viewer)

Swillington

168. Swallow
169. Common tern
170. Common sandpiper
171. Sand martin
172. Whitethroat
173. Sedge warbler

Last edited:

Not surprisingly the year list has all but ground to a halt but still annoyed to have dodged some of the best birds turning up at Swillington in the last couple of weeks.

Swillington

177. Whinchat

Bolton abbey

179. Mandarin duck
180. Redstart
181. Pied flycatcher
182. Spotted flycatcher
183. Cuckoo

No wood warbler but a nice morning's walk

With travel limitations relaxed and Brown shrike at flamborough yesterday,l I decided to book a day off work and give it a shot. The second year in a row I've dipped this species now :(

Flamborough

184. Lesser whitethroat

Harwood dale

185. Turtle dove

Dipped tree pipit in a couple of normally reliable spots before turning attention to butterflies which I started in summer last year adding a couple more lifers:

Duke of Burgundy and Pearl bordered fritillary

Thorne moor

188. Red footed falcon (1st UK)
189. Hobby

Great start to the day, I had planned to move on to North cave for Temminck's stint but no report today so headed out to spurn for the first time this year. Pretty quiet in terms of birds and birders but full of day trippers.

190. (Dark bellied) Brent goose
191. Whimbrel
192. Little tern

Idle Valley

193. Buff breastfed sandpiper
194. Red crested pochard

Managed to add Marsh fritillary to my growing butterfly list but with intermittent rain and strong wind, other butterfly plans were abandoned.

Instead:

Wombwell ings

195. Red necked phalarope

Managed to catch up with a couple more birds missed during lock down this morning before twitching the Notts hoopoe.

Rivelin valley

196. Wood warbler

Cutthroat bridge

197. Ring ouzel

Ordsall

198. Hoopoe

Eyebrook reservoir

Primarily a trip for black hairstreak today but planned to call at Rutland for osprey. Turned out not to be necessary as one was present at Eyebrook where green winged teal eventually showed.

199. Osprey
200. Green winged teal

Cudworth

201. Rose coloured starling

Very well plumage bird making up for dipping at Flamborough at the weekend.

Half day taken at short notice and finally a lifer in 2020.

Lindisfarne

204. ASIAN DESERT WARBLER

Amble dunes

205. Sandwich tern
206. Roseate tern

Abbey brook

Nice views of the bird perched early morning, then went back later in the day and watched in flight dwarfing a mobbing buzzard. Going on my list irrespective of anyones decisions regarding category.

208. Lammergeier

Frampton

209. Caspian tern
210. Little stint
211. Wood sandpiper
212. Green sandpiper

Spent a big chunk of afternoon chasing rumours of the Pectoral sandpiper which was definitely present the previous evening but having had someone mis-ID common sandpiper as it and ruff as greenshank, I was pretty cynical regarding the reports going round and if the bird really was there today, was very elusive.

Weekend break mostly for butterflies down south was semi-successful with 3 of 5 targets hit despite the changeable weather.

In between times, also managed a couple of birding year ticks.

Arne

213. Dartford warbler

Near Verwood

214. Nightjar

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back